Adoption of bills in the House of Representatives : 10/02/2014
The House of Representatives approved Monday, February 10th , 2014 unanimously two bills : Bill No. 12.68 that changes and supplements the Law No. 10.44 on the quality of the "financial center in Casablanca "and the Bill No. 13-104 approving the decree by the law n ° 2-13-650 on the dissolution of the Partnership Agency for Progress .
In his speech to members of the House of Representatives , Mr Mohammed BOUSSAID , Minister of Economy and Finance , presented the main concerns of the law amendment draft No. 12.68 :
• Changing the business name from 'Moroccan Finance Body ' to ' Casablanca finance City . This change aims to use a name in connection with the focus area of the body;
• Expansion of area for activities able to provide the quality "Casablanca finance City" ;
• Review eligibility requirements for the quality ' Casablanca Finance City ' ;
• Setting up of a provision to safeguard the rights and obligations of the parties , in case of withdrawal of the quality Casablanca Finance City ' from a company ;
• Obligation for companies seeking to provide the quality "Casablanca Finance City" to pay a fee for the benefit of the Moroccan finance authority at the time of submission of applications, and an annual fee paid by the recipient companies of this quality for other services provided by the department so as to develop the finance city of Casablanca ;
• Obligation for companies seeking to provide the quality Casablanca finance city 'and those which benefit from this quality, to respect the code of ethics that will be implemented by the authority of the" Casablanca finance hub "in order to maintain the reputation of this area;
• Liability of the employees of Casablanca Finance hub , members of its Board of Directors and members of the committee in charge of granting the quality ' Casablanca Finance City ' the obligation of professional secrecy. This obligation also applies to any person who may have access to information in relation to requests made to have the quality "Casablanca Finance City" .
In addition, the Minister of Economy and Finance presented to the members of the House of Representatives the Bill No. 13-104 , which seeks approval of decree Law No. 2-13-650 on dissolution of the Agency of Partnership for Progress . Mr. Mohammed Boussaid stated that this event is carried out in a timely manner and in accordance with the agreement between Morocco and the Mellenium Challenge Account .