A partnership agreement was signed, on Thursday 26th April 2018 in Tangiers, between the Director General of the Customs and Excise Administration (ADII), Mr Nabyl LAKHDAR, and the President of Tanger Med Port Authority (TMPA), Mr Fouad BRINI.
This convention reflects the common will of the ADII and TMPA to implement all the means necessary for a better competitiveness of the Port of Tanger Med.
Under the terms of this agreement, the two parties jointly undertake to further coordinate their actions in order to facilitate the passage of goods and passengers transiting through the port of Tanger Med.
- Accelerating the dematerialization and automation of customs clearance formalities;
- Cooperating to establish procedures both to facilitate passage formalities and to make commercial fraud in all its forms more complex;
- Setting up joint services for economic operators;
- Improving the competitiveness of the Medhub logistics free zone ;
- Improve traffic flow inside the port;
- Establish common performance indicators.
The agreement also provides for the establishment of governance bodies that ensure the monitoring and evaluation of the overall performance of the Port.