HM the King Mohammed VI and Malian president Ibrahim Boubacar Keita chaired, Thursday, February 20th 2014 at the Koulouba presidential palace in Bamako, the signing ceremony of seventeen bilateral cooperation agreements in different areas.
The signing of these agreements, which marks the strong commitment of the public and private sectors, mirrors the shared will by both leaders to forge ahead with the reinforcement of relations between Mali and Morocco.
It is also part of the royal integrated approach towards Africa which puts the human capital at the center of the development process and objectives, on the basis of an equitable sharing of the development's benefits.
These agreements also show HM the King's commitment to fostering an active, solidarity-based south-south cooperation, which the sovereign made a basic component of Morocco's foreign policy to serve the interests of the brotherly African peoples.
They also seek to promote human development programs given their direct impact on the amelioration of Malians' living conditions and give momentum to economic cooperation.
- The agreement on investment encouragement and reciprocal protection, signed by Moroccan Economy minister Mr. Mohamed Boussaid and Malian counterpart Mrs. Bouaré Fily Sissoko.
- The agreement on the avoidance of double taxation and the fight against tax evasion. It was signed by Moroccan Economy minister Mr. Mohamed Boussaid and Malian counterpart Mrs. Bouaré Fily Sissoko.
- The cooperation agreement on breeding which was signed by agriculture minister Mr. Aziz Akhannouch and rural development minister Mr. Bokary Treta.
- The agreement on air services signed by equipment minister Mr. Aziz Rebbah and Malian peer Mr. Abdoulaye Koumaré.
- The protocol on industrial cooperation signed by Industry, trade, investment and digital economy minister Moulay Hafid El Alami and minister of industry and mining Mr. Boubou Cissé.
- The cooperation agreement between the Moroccan center for exports' promotion (Maroc Export) and the Casablanca Fairs and Exhibitions Office (OFEC), and the Malian trade and industry chamber (CCIM). It was signed by Industry, trade, investment and digital economy minister Moulay Hafid El Alami and Trade minister Mr.Abdel Karim Konaté.
Source : MAP